Innovation Works has been recognized as one of the most active seed investors in the US and includes AlphaLab, a nationally ranked accelerator program for early stage software companies. We help startup companies make rapid progress through critical stages of product, market validation and scalable customer acquisition by providing them funding, networks, programs, space, and our experience from over 300+ investments over the past 20 years. Innovation Works is seeking a Managing Director (MD) to oversee and lead all aspects of its software and AlphaLab programs.
The Managing Director role is one of the most visible within the startup community – both in Pittsburgh and across the country, especially in the software community. The MD shapes the overall program by setting the strategic direction and leading a team to execute upon her/his vision. S/he is ultimately responsible for the recruitment and selection of software companies for IW’s investment and programs, advising them during the different stages of IW support. S/he builds relationships with most of the groups and leading individuals in the Pittsburgh startup community and develops relationships outside of Pittsburgh through our extended network and our involvement in the Global Accelerator Network. S/he sets the tone and culture of the program. S/he manages the budget for the program, and directs software initiatives for Innovation Works.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum 10-15 years experience
- Strong interpersonal skills, leadership, verbal and written communications are a must
- Demonstrated ability to simultaneously drive multiple projects for various stakeholders to tangible results with ability to innovate and affect change
- Needs to be flexible and adaptable in a fast moving environment
- Ability to think strategically and direct tactical execution
- Comfort communicating with substance in a transparent, direct manner
- The highest level of integrity and the ability to maintain confidential information are a must.
Please send resumes to Kelley Benson, Director of Human Resources & Inclusion – firstname.lastname@example.org